Windows Engineer, Senior Associate
Windows Engineer hire in New York to support the end users in that location as well as the Global Link infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be part of the global Windows Team. This team currently consists of 4 engineers, located in the UK and US. Qualifications:
An in-depth understanding of Windows 10 is a must.
Familiarity with Macintosh is beneficial as well as server operating systems (Server 2012 /2016/2019).
The successful candidate will be required to provide end user support, work on a variety of projects and have the opportunity to learn new technologies.
They should have a good understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft Office suite and Group Policy and Networking.
A familiarity with Microsoft SCCM, PDQ Deploy and VMware is a bonus. Typical responsibilities would include
• On-board and support the Global Link users in New York
• Support senior managers
• Ordering hardware (desktops/laptops/hand-helds)
• Provision equipment (desktops, laptops, mobile phones, monitors etc.)
• Provision mailboxes on Exchange 2016
• Support Lenovo and Macintosh hardware
• Application support
• Occasional visits to our Data Centre to support the hardware (HP DL and BL models) that is deployed there
• Be part of the CorpSupport group to answer end user queries
• Participate in projects such as migrating antivirus
• Support remote users who VPN into the office
The candidate will be expected to be part of an on-call roster that rotates on a weekly basis.
A follow the sun model is used and the engineer will be required to perform a 'Sunday check-out' to verify that the Windows environment is healthy and ready for business.