** C++, Python, Linux software engineer ** build environment ** Quant driven, global systematic Equities ** New York (NYC) **
- Approx. $200,000 base + bonus (+ great perks)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 15 Mar 19
Software engineering - high performance C++ - complex CS problems, smart (down to earth) colleagues, great compensation package + perks! and a fantastic office with views over the Hudson River.
Our client, one of the true pioneers of systematic quant trading. They are looking for a deeply technical C++ software engineer. This is one of the most innovative firms in quant finance and they have a reputation as one of the highest achieving teams in electronic trading – certainly in the Global Equities space.
They have a well-designed, clean, modern and well-engineered code base - C, C++, Python Linux. As part of this software engineering team you will be working on the design and build of their next generation of their trading platform with stringent requirements are performance and reliability.
- Exceptional academics from a world leading university - Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree.
- This team also look for evidence of other achievements, such as, open source contributions or maybe coding competitions, Olympiads etc.
- Demonstrable passionate software engineer – home computing project, exposure to computing from a young age etc.
- Exceptional object orientated design skills experience building large scale complex systems in any highly complex compute environment.
- Tech stack is C++, Python, Linux in the main part.
An extraordinary effort goes into picking only candidates with the right attitude and fit for the firm and their staff turnover supports this too! They really don’t lose many people – they know how to look after their employers too. They don’t have silo like many other proprietary trading firms and they don’t do politics or ego. They layout of the office if akin to a big tech firm but it feels a little more mature, grown up. Highly impressive but not flashy or gimmicky.
This is a fantastic role for any ambitious software engineers, looking to work on some of the most interesting and challenging computer science problems!
You might be pleased to know too that they are also considered amongst one of the most competitive firms when it comes to compensation too.
Please feel free to email me directly for more information – I’d welcome the chance to tell you more about how they are organised and the upcoming project etc.
phone number: +44 (0)7795 394 276
I look forward to hearing from you - Mike Sherwin