iShares Fixed Income Product Strategist - Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock's Global Fixed Income business invests over $1.8 trillion in fixed income assets across ETF, fundamental, index and model-based strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of passive and active investment choices, providing access to our skilled portfolio management teams, offering deep market expertise, and industry leading risk management systems. BlackRock managed over $650 bn of fixed income exchange traded funds (ETFs).
The iShares Fixed Income Product Strategist is responsible for driving the growth of the iShares Fixed Income ETF institutional business, through commercialization, thought leadership and product innovation. The Strategist will engage with internal sales teams and external clients. The VP will create investment content and product to be used for educational and marketing purposes. The Product Strategist will work closely with portfolio managers, other product strategists, and our internal sales teams, and will manage a wide range of client-related fixed income requests.
The successful candidate will gain familiarity with the investment process and portfolio construction across our product range, the markets that we participate in and craft how we go market our products. In addition, the Vice President will work with our internal partners to develop new products and customized solutions for clients.
The New York-based Product Strategy Team is looking for a Vice President to commercialize, educate and innovate iShares fixed income ETFs.
- Demonstrate and develop a deep understanding of fixed income markets and concepts, the underlying ETF investment strategies and their function in the market. Understand the portfolio managers' process in order to assume the client-facing role on behalf of the portfolio mangers.
- Understand how iShares ETFs fit within the broader fixed income ecosystem, and be able to assess key relative value concepts across derivative products
- Coordinate with internal partners as well as marketing, legal & compliance, operations, risk and portfolio analytics teams regarding investment commentaries, ad-hoc client inquiries and client investment due diligence requests. Strong writing and communications skills are crucial for this role.
- Attend client and prospect meetings, reviewing portfolios / conducting portfolio analysis, and providing market updates.
- BA/BS required, CFA designation or participation preferred
- 4-6 years prior experience in product strategy, portfolio management or sales
- Fixed income / ETF / or investment knowledge required
- Strong analytical, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Self-starter who can work effectively on their own as well as with a team, while being resourceful and able to work with other groups to acquire the information vital to complete tasks
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, with an understanding of coding languages
- Ability to travel as needed in the US and internationally
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.