RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (TMT)
- Purchase, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- OTR Global
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
OTR Global is an investment research firm with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. OTR is a leading platform for primary research and one of the largest channel research firms servicing the institutional investment community. OTR was a leader in pioneering interview-based methodology; its research method is utilized by more than 130 research personnel located in more than 15 countries. The unique approach unites quantitative measures and qualitative responses to uncover inflection points and produce predictive results. OTR has developed a comprehensive base of industry sources and a deep understanding of complex, global product supply chains and distribution channels.
OTR Global is a leading channel and marketplace research firm serving Wall Street clients, and offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth. OTR has provided marketplace research to some of the world’s largest institutional investors for more than 20 years. OTR prepares its research by aggregating, comparing and contrasting extensive marketplace intelligence it gathers from nontraditional sources. OTR compares its findings with expectations and look for dislocations or inflection points that provide investment opportunities for our clients. Sources are interviewed via telephone, typically on a quarterly basis, which subsequently provides the basis for OTR’s research.
The Research Associate is a full-time position located at OTR’s headquarters in Purchase, NY. This person will work closely with our research leaders in the TMT sector, supporting OTR’s research products. The Research Associate will facilitate competitive analysis and other research support to the team, including new research coverage development. This individual will take part in research project planning and design, and will be involved in interpreting research findings in one or more of the TMT industry verticals. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional analytical skills and communications skills, and will bring a strong desire to become an expert resource by tracking and interpreting industry information flow. The Research Associate will have the opportunity to work on our premier products alongside senior members of our team. This individual will report directly to OTR’s Director of Research Operations.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Prior research experience; knowledge about financial industry and investment basics a plus.
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail, creative problem solving.
- The candidate must be a fast learner; ability to multi-task is critical.
- Able to meet deadlines and maintain a flexible schedule in order to work with teams in different world time zones.
- Must have strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills; Power Point skills a plus.
- Positive communication skills are a must. Must be comfortable working in a virtual, multicultural company; many interactions will be with staff outside the office.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence.
- Embrace flexibility and constant change.
- Value hard work; display conscientious diligence in action and work.