Patient Advocate (Medicaid Eligibility)
Patient Advocate (Remote)
Cognizant (formerly BolderHealthcare Solutions) is seeking professional, motivated individuals who arecompassionate about helping those in need. We are currently hiring for a full-time Patient Advocate to be based in our supportcenter in Cleveland, OH Job Description:
The Patient Advocatewill assist clients over the telephone with applications for benefits throughMedicaid, Social Security Disability and/or hospital charity programassistance. We ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or othertypes of eligible funding for health care services is received for patients'.Other duties will be assigned. Schedule:
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm Full Benefits Available Immediately Responsibilities include, but arenot limited to:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient's eligibility for Medicaid and charity programs
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, program(s)
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Manage caseload.
- Computer proficiency skills are required.
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports.
- Maintain database.