Representative, Retail Annuities
- Cleveland, OH, USA Cleveland OH US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Representative, Retail Annuities
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- This position will entail working financial and non-financial work items, which includes but is not limited to the following: Financial Transactions- Additional Premiums, Annuitization Quotes, Cost Basis, EFT Set Up, Free Looks, Partial Withdrawals, PPWs, RMDs, Surrenders, W8/W9s, Non-Financial Transactions- Address Changes, Beneficiary Changes, E Sig Confirms, Name Change/Corrections, Ownership Changes, POA/Trusts, Return Mail and Telephone Authorizations.
- Within regulatory guidelines, process routine and complex financial and non-financial activity on client's accounts with both expediency and accuracy. This includes analyzing and processing a wide range of service requests for contract holders.
- Advise brokers, bank representatives, beneficiaries and their representatives on contract provisions and related laws, regulatory requirements, and company procedures.
- Respond to general written and oral inquiries concerning any financial or non-financial based on administrative procedures, being able to review and analyze the issue and present a solution.
- We are looking for someone who is a self-starter. Someone who will ask questions and will be able to perform their functions without hesitation.
- We are looking for someone who, after training, will be able to provide backup support to the Call Center when needed.
- Associates, or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience (high school diploma/GED required).
- 1 year of customer service and/or call center experience highly preferred
- Series 6 licensed preferred (must be secured within 6 months of hire date)
- Accountable, ethical, good decision-making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good computer skills and ability to multitask
Training & Development
Customer Service Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8:30am - 5:30pm during the work week. Overtime will be offered on an as needed basis.
Competitive full-time base hourly rate, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.