The Funds’ projects target the agricultural waste, industrial food waste, and municipal wastewater sectors where revenues are generated from renewable energy, waste processing, and nutrient sales.
Equilibrium’s Water, Waste and Energy team (EQWWE) through its Funds invests project-level equity in distributed water, wastewater and energy assets. The Funds invest in projects at different stages of the asset life-cycle (from development to operations) and perform asset management throughout the investment period. The Funds’ projects target the agricultural waste, industrial food waste, and municipal wastewater sectors where revenues are generated from renewable energy, waste processing, and nutrient sales. The team is expanding to build a $1 billion portfolio of water, waste processing, and energy assets over the next several years and is looking to hire an Associate on the Investments team to help evaluate and structure potential Fund investments. This position is integral to value creation and is based in Portland, Oregon.
- Lead investment due diligence efforts, which includes but is not limited to building financial models, reviewing due diligence materials, conducting research, coordinating consultants and advisers.
- Draft investment committee memos as part of the investment process.
- Support investor relations with preparation of quarterly and annual reports, fund level performance analysis, and responses to due diligence questionnaires and related queries.
- Portfolio monitoring, which includes ongoing review of portfolio assets in support with any additional transactions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to four years of demonstrated professional experience in roles that required strong analytical and problem-solving skills, preferably in a financial or investment context.
- Extremely well organized, highly motivated and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be creative by blending both non-linear and linear thinking.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally, working in a cross-functional small team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for sustainable investing and asset management.
- Team-oriented with ability to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that includes ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Must possess an undergraduate degree with a preference for candidates: 1) with a degree in finance, business or equivalent major or 2) with an engineering degree (chemical, civil, mechanical, environmental, industrial, or a related field)
- Excited about working and living in Portland, Oregon with the ability to travel as needed.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to navigate and interpret financial statements.
Total Rewards include competitive benefit package and base salary with potential for performance-based bonus. Benefits include a full array of insurance with a significant employer subsidy (health, dental, vision, disability & life), paid parental leave, tax advantaged savings (HSA, FSA, transportation, dependent care along with 401(K) with company match and bank less PTO.
Location: Portland, OR