Alpha Implementation Specialist
Job DescriptionState Street is seeking a skilled and proven professional with experience in supporting client engagements from the initial sales support through onboarding. This role will be responsible for interfacing directly with clients/prospects to demonstrate front, middle and back office capabilities within the ALPHA platform while gathering insight into the clients requirements. The candidate should be self-motivated, goal-oriented, a fast learner and quick thinking team player who excels at multi-tasking. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Have industry knowledge essential in understanding Front Office Operations, Transaction Management, Recording Keeping, Corporate Actions, OTC derivatives, Performance & analytics, Reconciliation, Reporting, Cash Management and Collateral Management
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure sales team is on board
- Understand client requirements to demonstrate STTs capabilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products
- Understand functional capabilities, confirm software/ integration gaps and prove out the benefits of Alpha integration
- Assist various internal teams with scenario testing against the model office client including adding static data necessary to facilitate the scenario
- Participate in the development lifecycle and methodology. This includes requirements analysis, solution design, client acceptance, timeline creation, implementation, unit testing, deployment tools, and maintenance
- Analyze and document the business specifications for technical and functional changes, defining the required design approach within the business specification documents
- Understand the current processes and tools used by State Street, and map new requirements to this tool
- Collaborate with business leads and IT leads to define architectural requirements in order to finalize client POC platform requirements
- Define and document current and future state operating models as required
- End-to End Business Process validation& test Management for POC Clients - Leading test strategy, Client Test Planning, Interfacing with External Clients senior managers & executives.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Provide periodic and ad hoc status reporting to senior management and relevant PMOs
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Domain knowledge and be able to understand the various listed instrument types like Equities, Bonds, ETD Derivatives, Bank Loans, TBAs, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work accordingly
- Knowledge / Experience in Middle Office Recordkeeping and Transaction processing is essential
- Knowledge / Experience of Front Office modeling and compliance engine support
- Strong user of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Visio
- Effective organizational, decision making, and communication skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers