Institutional Client Account Manager - Macquarie Investment Management (Philadelphia)
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
The Philadelphia office is seeking an Institutional Client Account Manager to join our Investment Management Client Group.
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM; formerly known as Macquarie Funds Group) is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of products including securities investment management, infrastructure and real asset management, and fund and equity-based structured products.
MAM comprises the following three divisions:
• Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
• Macquarie Investment Management
• Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions.
The Philadelphia office is seeking an Institutional Client Account Manager to join our Macquarie Investment Management Client Group. The successful candidate will work directly with internal and external clients, gaining maximum exposure to a wide range of teams, projects and products. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful team and further your career within an international investment management business.
The Institutional Client Account Manager (“CAM”) is responsible for delivering exceptional client service to Institutional clients and consultants As the point of contact for daily servicing needs, CAMs develop an understanding of the unique requirements of clients across all asset classes and champion those requirements within the context of the larger firm. CAMs partner with colleagues in Institutional Relationship Management, Consultant Relations and the investment teams to form a dedicated service team for each client and will support this client base throughout the client’s full life cycle. This hands-on position requires an understanding of the institutional asset management business.
- Designated day-to-day contact with ownership for facilitating all clients’ servicing needs including onboarding new accounts and coordinating mandate changes and client flows
- Ensuring all clients’ reporting and servicing needs are delivered in accordance with their requirements
- Internal advocate for the client; ability to articulate needs of US and Non-US client requirements to multiple parties internally
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers, and other internal stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with internal support teams to ensure a consistent superior client experience
- Partner with Compliance, IT, and other Global Client Administration teams on projects and initiatives to enhance client service procedures in accordance with industry best practices
- Provide CRM system support to Relationship Managers, Distribution and management
- Contribute to basic department administrative duties which include, but are not limited to, internal communications, client related mailings, and other critical client maintenance
- Be engaged with the RFP process, working closely with the RFP team
- Minimum 5-7 years’ client service experience at an asset management firm working with US and Non-US clients; institutional experience with knowledge of the servicing needs of institutional clients
- Knowledge of investments including multi asset solutions, alternatives, fixed income, equity, real estate and private equity product offerings
- Experience onboarding institutional separate accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to build and develop strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills; a team player with initiative who can also work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree and CFA preferred
- Obtain Series 6 and 63 as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.