Senior Systems Analyst, Investor Engagement
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Investor Engagement team plays a critical role in Wellington's success by engaging with our portfolio managers and analysts (investors) to provide day-to-day support for their investment processes.
This is a hybrid role with analysis, quantitative, data science, and development aspects. Initially, daily activities will include application and reports support, data analysis, requirements gathering, and user training. You will be key in maintaining high levels of service to the investors. Over time, you will become more integrated with one or more fundamental investment teams and have a more direct impact on the investment process by complementing the art of investing with science. You will work within a community of other scientific investors and resources in the firm's Investment Science Department (comprised of risk managers, data scientists, quantitative investors, microstructure and derivatives experts) to bring a spectrum of scientific insights to your teams' investment processes and philosophies. For example, you may work with PMs to improve capital allocation and other portfolio construction decisions by building risk models and other analytical tools; analyzing and proposing optimal hedging strategies where appropriate.
While this role is located in Radnor, you will get to work on issues/solutions with globally located investors across Asset Allocation, Commodities, Equity, Fixed Income, Macro Analysis and Risk Management.
- Engage directly with Radnor investors to resolve problems, answer functional and data questions, provide training for new tools, and become a trusted advisor.
- Respond to investors' requests for ad-hoc analysis, data extracts, and reports.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improving the investor' workflows.
- Manage production incidents, determining root cause, appropriate corrective actions, and follow-up.
- Assist the broader (ex-Radnor) Investor Engagement team with various investor requests.
- Develop new models, custom analytics, and technologies that enhance the investment process and the investment team's productivity.
- Generate investment insights and ideas from scientific research on both traditional and alternative data sets.
- Educate and inspire fundamental investors to better understand and incorporate scientific insights.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related subjects.
- Strong understanding of the investment management process, with hands-on experience supporting and working directly with investment management professionals.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Strong hands-on technical skills; fluency with one or more languages like Python, R, Spark, Java, C++/C#.
- Experience with relational database technologies with strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience with statistical inference and data science; training in machine learning or natural language processing a plus.
- Experience working with probability, statistics, time-series and cross-sectional analysis a plus.
- Expertise with software frameworks supporting scientific computing, data management and mathematical optimization (e.g. R, Pandas, Matlab, etc) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
Senior Systems Analyst, Investor Engagement JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .