Job Description Moody's Experience Design team is growing, and we are looking for top tier Visual Designers to join our high performing team, focused on taking our online and mobile products to the next level. The team is responsible for the overall user experience of moodys.com desktop and mobile platforms, as well as several other key web properties that influence financial markets worldwide.
Visual Designers at Moody's are responsible for developing visual design concepts that align with customer and business needs, and turning concepts into detailed visual designs and design patterns that can be shared across other work streams. A successful candidate will be a collaborative team-player, with the ability to work closely with business and technology stakeholders, as well as colleagues on our global team. You should possess a passion for developing elegant solutions to complex usability problems with solid experience translating business and technology constraints into well-integrated, world-class, end-user experiences. This role could sit in our New York City, or West Chester, PA, offices.
- Designs the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms
- Simplifies and unifies complex information into intuitive visual designs that support the hierarchy of information for content, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Creates prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contributes to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviors across multiple products
- Offers new ideas to advance user-friendliness, efficiency, and design
- Strong passion for innovative designs that optimize user engagement
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time
- Self-accountability for meeting high standard of excellence
- Ability to confidently present work and to accept or provide constructive feedback
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills demonstrating sensitivity and persuasiveness
- Solutions-oriented attitude toward any risks and challenges
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
** An online portfolio or samples that can be submitted with your resume is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or Visual Design required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience in Visual Design for desktop and mobile web-based applications
- A portfolio demonstrating experience designing complex desktop and mobile web-based applications
- Ability to present design concepts, iterations, and final visuals to defend design decisions along the way
- Strong desire and ability to perform as a collaborative team player and successfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Eagerness to grow existing knowledge in the UX Visual Design field
- Expert skill with design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Financial Services experience a plus
This is a Visual Design role, not an Interaction Design or Business Analyst role.**
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.