Head of Business Development and Strategy
- Providence, RI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
Head of Business Development and Strategy
We are looking for an individual to lead and manage a new multi-functional business centered around a new product suite of advisor facing tools. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, data-driven, with exceedingly high standards of quality and a proven track record for leading business development and sales within the financial services industry. If you have the ability to bring fresh perspectives, think outside the box, are willing to collaborate closely with leaders across Fidelity and eMoney and identify as a player-coach, ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into tactical execution while fully committed to growing, developing and inspiring your team, this is the place for you.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Minimum of 5-10 years successful sales experience with FinTech or SaaS technology services. Institutional sales experience a strong plus
- 15 years' experience with a demonstrated track record of business development, sales, and client relationship management
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- Expertise in a broad range of technology & investment solutions, products and services provided to Institutional clients
- Successful track record of implementing innovative methods and techniques, related to the sales and relationship management disciplines, to drive strong business results
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively across the organization to achieve results
The Purpose of Your Role
As the leader, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of a new product suite of advisor facing tools, including business development, marketing, sales and client engagement activity for the new business. This includes cultivating relationships and introducing new products, features and functions and benefits to existing clients as well as introducing new prospects to the product suite capabilities.
The Skills You Bring
- You have outstanding presentation skills and capable of building credibility quickly when interacting with internal and external clients and prospects
- You have a successful track record and excel at developing a sales strategy and executing upon it to drive business growth
- You have an in depth experience of the work needed to onboard new accounts
- You work well in a team environment integrating resources to solve client problems
- You have proven ability to establish and manage a new team through the building of a product group, in a complex and matrixed organization
- You have the ability to work and meet milestones cross-functionally with adjacent businesses
- You bring a focus on leadership, building and leading an organization and bringing energy, passion and excitement that comes with a company that is growing quickly
- You have a solid understanding of the complex financial services business, issues and challenges facing clients as well as a demonstrated ability to help solve those challenges
- You have expertise selling into the Correspondent and Registered Investment Advisor businesses
- You have back office operational experience in trading and servicing of end investor accounts
- Outstanding knowledge and sales experience in the broker/dealer world.
The Value You Deliver
- Understanding, creating and effectively communicating the "story", including value proposition, features and functions, benefits and convey how it is a market differentiator
- Expanding the prospect pipeline and developing new business opportunities
- Proactively partnering with the broader Fidelity organization to identify new business relationships
- Manage delivery of multi-million dollar top-line sales objectives
- Remaining current and aware of the trends within the financial services industry
- Promoting product suite through participation in client conferences, associations, industry conferences and other events
- Soliciting and providing client and prospect input on the advisor facing tool product suite
- Achieving service level to clients and partners while staffing as efficiently as possible, including setting and adhering to a staffing model and a budget based on company forecasts
- Positively impacting client satisfaction/NPS, retention, and adoption of new features through the service offering
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
This role is responsible for continuing to build and lead a high-impact team of professionals across the spectrum of business development and client experience. The team, with you at the helm, plays an integral part in executing an effective customer acquisition strategy (both for direct sales to end-users and institutional sales to large financial institutions), builds and maintains the corporate brand and culture, develops go-to-market strategies in support of new product launches, and aligns and collaborates closely with Marketing, Legal, Product, Customer Service and HR. You bring a strategic, long-term vision, exceptional measurement and analytics capabilities, and extensive experience building momentum in the industry for us.
Our customers expect us to be just as savvy and passionate as they are and help them provide value to their clients, so you need to have a knack for breaking down complex concepts into simple, concise and articulate content. You need to be data-driven with exceedingly high standards of quality and a proven track record leading marketing in a fast-paced, agile, technology-driven environment with an ability to develop and implement a strategy that aligns with the company's short- and long-term objectives.
If you have the ability to bring fresh perspectives, think outside the box, are willing to collaborate closely with other leaders and departments and identify as a player-coach, ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into tactical execution while fully committed to growing, developing and inspiring your team, this is the place for you.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.