- Smithfield, RI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
You love grammar and spelling; finding a typo in copy makes your day. You are passionate about finding such errors, meeting deadlines, and making sure the end result is accurate and clear for the reader.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- A bachelor's degree in English or Journalism
- Six years of proofreading experience in a corporate Marketing or Advertising department
The Purpose of Your Role
The proofreading team reviews various Marketing collateral, such as emails, brochures, flyers, quarterly materials, PowerPoint presentations, forms, applications, webpages, and vendor proofs. As a member of the team, you will work closely with project managers to consistently produce accurate, high quality, and relevant content, and pitch in to help the other proofreaders.
The Skills You Bring
- You are able to multitask and consistently complete tasks on time in a thorough manner.
- You show initiative where possible and undertake tasks without being asked.
- You have excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and team-building skills.
- You demonstrate flexibility and maintain a professional, positive attitude.
- You have a working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- You consider yourself a proofreader, and also possess editing capabilities to suggest copy alternatives.
- You are technically savvy and can adeptly utilize various software applications, such as Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office.
The Value You Deliver
FIAM is constantly developing new and creative ways to exceed our clients' expectations. You will do that by delivering accurate print and electronic content through checking spelling, grammar, typos, and consistently applying the standards set by our editorial style guide.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Institutional Asset Management is one of the largest investment management organizations serving the U.S. institutional marketplace. It works with financial advisors and advisory firms, offering them resources to help investors plan and achieve their goals. Also, FIAM works with institutions and consultants to meet their varying and custom investment needs. As a proofreader, you are a member of the Marketing team and your contributions impact the consistency and quality of our educational content for our clients.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.