Senior Investment Analyst
- Smithfield, RI, USA Smithfield RI US
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Senior Investment Analyst
Serves as a member of the Intermediary Support team within the Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (FIAM) Company, which supports due diligence research teams that select and monitor investment managers inside packaged investment solutions. The Intermediary Support team supports these client research teams by providing information and analysis related to Fidelity's asset management projects (principally Fidelity mutual funds) as used or considered inside the investment solutions managed by these research teams. The Senior Investment Analyst will leverage an in-depth understanding of funds and fund strategy to focus on interpreting and presenting investment process, style, and performance attribution for Fidelity's product line to internal and external clients.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Leads investment analysis projects to provide proactive custom analyses for client-facing Investment Directors, Relationship Managers, and Wholesalers in preparation for client meetings or in response to client questions that require in-depth analysis.
- Leverages investment portfolio analyses to develop and present recommendations for Fidelity's client-facing fund management professionals.
- Independently develops and provides suggestions and solutions regarding how to position and promote Fidelity financial products.
- Guides the improvements and re-design of performance reports on monitored funds, and utilize reports as a starting point for further analysis.
- Builds quantitative models and tools that allow complex analyses to be scalable.
- Combines quantitative analytics with interpretive judgement to communicate clear recommendations for Fidelity's investment professionals.
- Provides recommendations to senior management on how Fidelity's processes and performance, relative to competitors, relates to specific client programs.
- Provides recommendations and problem-solving for key Intermediary Support infrastructure functions.
- Assists in channelizing the efforts of client facing personnel (i.e. meet their sales goals) and provides them with the necessary education to increase their chance of winning the clients' books of business.
- Coordinates the production and maintenance of pitch-books, which detail the main attributes of the firm, investment philosophy, and fund manager's processes, among other quantitative metrics.
- Partners with internal technology and vendor analysts to improve quality, automate the process, and add new pitch-books to the current line-up.
- Cultivates in-depth knowledge of all Fidelity funds, as well as relevant non-proprietary funds, and keep abreast on all major aspects of the economy and capital markets.
- Conducts Q&As with FMR portfolio managers on a regular basis regarding fund performance, positioning and management philosophy.
- Analyzes, understands, and communicates the implications of investment strategies employed by fund managers, to support fund marketing efforts.
- Builds partnerships with internal business units to identify best practices and resolves issues.
Education and Experience :
Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or a closely related field and two (2) years of experience in the job offered or two (2) years of experience performing data engineering and data analysis to support mutual fund performance.
Skills and Knowledge :
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") performing quantitative analysis and econometric modeling of global asset classes using FactSet and MSCI BarraOne, and translating raw analytics data into investment thesis for sales team, and developing written and oral presentations to deliver investment recommendations and investment risk diagnostics.
- DE measuring investment portfolio performance, including attribution, risk budgeting, and factor investing, specifically relating to mutual funds, ETFs, and Separately Managed Accounts, including design of infrastructure solutions, including automation and data architecture, using SQL, VBA, and C -- to support the delivery of investment data within investment advisor and broker dealer distribution channels.
- DE performing portfolio optimization and asset allocation analytics using MPI Stylus and Morningstar Direct to align portfolio construction and recommendations with the capital markets expectations and investment philosophy of Investment Advisor and Broker/Dealer clients, as well as to support recommendations to the investment committee and wholesaler/relationship managers.
- DE in mathematical modeling using MATLAB, R, and SPSS to perform complex portfolio construction analyses to support recommendations.