Senior Associate, Office Coordinator
- Addison, TX, USA Addison TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Senior Associate, Office Coordinator
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Role Overview :
1) Executive Support to the Head of Advanced Planning Group (APG)
• Create and operate a reporting system that allows for timely flow of necessary data into the Head of APG from all relevant business divisions including Agent Development, Case Development, and Field/Virtual Consultant Team.
• Assist Head of APG in developing communication between business division's teams, setting agendas, creating initial drafts of communications to key strategic team members, helping prioritize plans for addressing issues that are impacting progress towards initiative benchmarks.
• Coordinate Executive assistance to the Head of APG including, calendaring, scheduling, booking all travel logistics and expense reporting.
2) Manage overall communication between APG Business Divisions
• Capture key strategic updates from each business unit and keep the Head of APG up-to-date on progress in real time.
• Keep electronic notes from each business department's team meetings and keep a history of the content of these sessions.
• Develop and oversee a process for capturing, cataloging, analyzing, and disseminating key lessons learned from initiatives, with a view towards helping the Head of APG propagate best practices throughout the enterprise.
3) Administrative Team
• Coordinate with Business Unit Manager to make sure key projects stay on schedule and deadlines are being met.
• Coordinate and manage large workflow projects to leverage administrative team.
4) Manage Departmental Compliance Standards and Marketing
• Work with the APG Compliance Team to assure that all licenses and registrations are up-to-date and assures that APG will be meeting the regulatory procedures as needed as a branch office on NYLIFE Securities.
• Assist the marketing team with APG Library updates and posts.
• Manage sales production, departmental metrics and APG activity standards.
• Act as the Master Record Keeper with regards to tracking sales production including focus on agent production, large cases for field offices and large cases for virtual offices.
• Act as the Master Record Keeper for the Head of APG to track all accountability metrics to assure progress of key tasks that the Head of APG has requested from a team member or manager.
• Assist in creating sales presentations, meeting PowerPoints and Home Office requests.
• Bachelor Degree
• Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience
• Series 7, Series 66, Licensed Life Agent, Certified Estate Planner Accreditation, Notary
• Strong technical proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
• Experienced with both Microsoft and Apple Platforms
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with Marketing and Creating Brand Awareness
• Experience with Trusts and Beneficiary Designations, Benefit Planning, and Retirement Planning
• Experience with supporting CEO with all critical Administrative Support
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.