Customer Service Professional
Customer Service Professional
Prudential El Paso is looking for motivated individuals who have a strong interest in starting a career in the financial services industry.
A positive attitude, desire to learn and a passion for helping people makes you a candidate we are searching for. Become part of a team of experts responsible for providing an exceptional experience to Prudential's customers and business partners. Successful candidates have great interpersonal/communication skills, high analytical aptitude, and the tenacity and grit to overcome challenges.
While assisting our clients with their unique financial needs, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the securities/financial services industry. Prudentials extensive training program allows associates to develop technical expertise, process knowledge and a solid foundation of our products and services.
This position is a gateway into a corporate career with a Fortune 100 company. You will be given the opportunity to showcase your customer service skills by handling inbound calls and providing support to clients and financial professionals across the United States. As a licensed associate you will play an important role in assisting families succeed financially and become an advocate in improving the financial wellness of the consumers we serve.
This position has been designed to include ongoing opportunities to collaborate in group training, call coaching, mentoring, personal and professional development. This development program will prepare you to explore and expand your career with opportunities in all areas within the organization such as Coaching and Training, Team Leadership, financial and operations analysis, Underwriting, Marketing and Sales and Distribution.
Benefits & Training
- Prudential offers a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for an annual bonus based on performance
- Monetary incentives to candidates who successfully pass their various securities examinations and product training
- Paid 14-week training (including FINRA exams, training on Prudentials products, systems and procedures, and continuing education requirements.
- Paid time off
- Outstanding advancement potential, beginning with tiered promotional opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Loan repayment Program for Recent Graduates
- A comprehensive health care plan, start date
- The opportunity to participate in company sponsored retirement savings plans (401k)
- A company funded pension plan
Hours: The hours of operation for the Prudential Solutions Center are 9:00am to 5:00pm Mountain Time, Monday thru Friday. Initial training hours may vary.
Note: Any Applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
Prudential has a strong "promote from within" culture. Your achievements in this role, demonstrating exceptional client service skills, as well as the experience attained working in the securities/financial services industry will prepare you to explore opportunities in all areas of the organization. Professionals who already obtain any FINRA licenses and/or seeking to shift their careers into a service-oriented role in the financial services industry are also encouraged to apply.
- Self-starters, with a track record of dependability and honoring commitments
- Engaging communicator with a strong desire to serve customers
- Team player who understands the importance of contributing to a larger group
- Committed to taking ownership and accountability
- Intrigued by technology and identifies opportunities to enhance processes
- Emotional Intelligence to provide creative solutions and demonstrate adaptability
- Keen problem solver who connects with individuals during each customer interaction, leveraging empathy and understanding
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 1-2 years of customer or financial services experience preferred
- Proficient PC and keyboarding skills with ability to multi-task between different applications
- Position will require FINRA SIE, Series Top Off 6, and Series 63 licenses to be obtained upon completion of training tiers. Primary Location:
United States-Texas-El Paso Work Locations: Job:
Call Center and Customer Service Organization:
Prudential Financial, Inc. Schedule: