2022 Full-time Business Dev Support Analyst, US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2022 Full-Time Business Development Support Analyst, US
Positions are located in PIMCO's Austin, TX office.
You'll excel as a Business Development Support Analyst if you:
See yourself as a Business Development Support Analyst:
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Are familiar with financial markets and have a strong interest in learning about fixed income, the asset management industry, and client/consultant relationships
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment
- Show commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that work is complete, accurate and on time
- Show strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
- Have experience or prior college internships in a financial, client-oriented role
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
The Business Development Support group plays an integral part in the initial sales/marketing process to prospective clients, as well as in the servicing of PIMCO's existing clients and investment consultants worldwide. The BDS team utilizes a collaborative team approach and works closely with PIMCO's investment professionals, especially with Product Strategists and Account Managers, to respond to new business proposals across PIMCO's public and private market strategies and provide superior client servicing.
Your primary responsibilities will include: developing a strong understanding of the firm's strategy offerings and overall investment approach, presenting strategy summaries in bi-weekly meetings, assisting with the completion of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and questionnaires (general and due diligence), and various ad hoc requests. Your secondary responsibility includes learning how to access, analyze and report data from the firm's proprietary systems, the BDS team's content library software and other data solutions actively used across the firm to service clients. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the Analyst program. Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, creating a rigorous learning environment. The objective is to provide you with a diverse learning experience across products and key disciplines within investment management. Mentoring is a critical component of your success; you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who will provide guidance and mentorship throughout the program. Analyst Program Details
- Starts in mid-July 2022 (for Dec Grads as soon as possible after graduation)
- The PIMCO Early Career Development Program is for junior employees at the Analyst level. The program's objective is to develop top talent with a focus on career development, mobility and employee engagement.
- Formal mentor program
- Reviews/feedback during each level of the Analyst program
• Submit your resume , cover letter & unofficial transcript through pimco.com/careers. Applications accepted now. Position Requirements: Requirements:
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Undergrad with an expected graduation date of Dec 2021 - June 2022
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office