We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Account Associate Group serves a unique and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of servicing PIMCO's institutional clients. The individuals that make up this team work within the broader account management group to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to clients. The primary responsibility of the associates and analysts is to work alongside account managers as part of dedicated relationship teams, gathering, analyzing, and discussing economic and fixed income trends, evaluating portfolio structures and strategies, and delivering performance attribution analyses. In addition to client servicing responsibilities, most members of the group participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute.
- PIMCO Investment Professionals including other members of the Account Management Group, Product Managers and Associates, and Portfolio Managers and Trade Assistant
- Current and prospective clients
- Gather, analyze, and discuss market trends and data with colleagues and clients
- Analyze portfolio characteristics in the context of broader investment themes
- Evaluate risk reports, perform attribution research and conduct scenario analysis
- Create customized client reports and respond to ad-hoc inquiries
- Draft internal presentations and prepare client-servicing materials
- Summarize and explain complex financial and economic concepts to educate clients
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge of software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg
- Self-starter, ability to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
- Knowledge of fixed income securities and portfolio management techniques
- Work effectively with all levels of personnel as part of a team
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, organization and communication skills
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
- Must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Progress toward the CFA designation is a plus
- Ideal candidates should have 0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics.
- College internships in finance, client-oriented roles are preferred.
- Ideal candidates should have 2-4 years of experience in financial services, asset management, investment banking or accounting.
- A strong background and/or interest in fixed income and economics is important.
- Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income instruments and the economic underpinnings of the fixed income asset class.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office