Cognitive Software Engineer
In your role as Cognitive Software Engineer, you will work with other Cognitive Engineering team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and deployment of the resulting Cognitive services supporting use-cases.
• Work with a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers and QA engineers.
• Perform data collection, preprocessing, feature engineering, data visualization and analysis.
• Build automation of data collection and preprocessing.
• Build models to address business problems.
• Engage with lines of business, users and analysts to explore and prototype opportunities and use-cases exploiting data and the application of cognitive and machine learning technologies.
• Design, develop, test and support Cognitive microservices to operationalize and productize deployment of resulting models and cognitive solutions.
Highly preferred skills and experience:
• Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both front end and backend.
• Modern, object-oriented or functional programming experience, (Java, Python, SQL)
• Skilled in UI Development technologies such as HTML, CSS, JSON and API usage
• Data Science and Machine Learning Frameworks Apache Spark / MLlib, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, etc...)
• Natural Language Processing (NLTK, CoreNLP, Gensim, Spacy, etc..)
• Experience with Big-Data technologies and cloud (AWS, other)
• Linux / Bash scripting
• Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
• Agile development methodology.
• CI/CD Development environments and tools (GIT, Maven, Jenkins, etc)
• RESTful Microservice APIs
• Strong analytical skills. Previous experience or education focused on statistics or data science is valuable.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree.
• 2-4 years related work experience.
• Excellent programming skills and experience with Java or Python.
• Database analysis and RDBMS programming skills.
• Hands-on experience with SDLC, Agile, Cloud-Devops.