Commercial Contracts Manager
Senior Contract Manager
In this client-facing role, we are looking for an experienced contract manager at Associate Director level to serve as the point of contact for a specified key client in respect of all contract related matters, and to provide ad hoc contract management support to other accounts and on CLRM program initiatives.
Reporting into the global Contract Lifecycle Risk Management (CLRM) function*, you will use your extensive contracting knowledge and experience to promote and help apply contract management best practices in a pragmatic way to all aspects of Cognizant's relationship with the client, from proposal stage, through negotiation of SOWs through to service delivery and completion.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual, who enjoys responsibility and embraces opportunities to shape the future. The breadth and ambition of the CLRM program offers the potential for growth in role for those with the desire to adapt and grow with the changing landscape of the program.
*The CLRM program supports all verticals and business units across the organization, with the objective to improve financial/ operational performance and minimize/ mitigate risk by enabling process improvements at each stage of the contract lifecycle (contract creation, execution, and analysis). Key Responsibilities:
\t Core capabilities:
- Contribute commercial and contract thought leadership to support the account / CLRM leadership in their strategic planning and engagement with the client and on CLRM program initiatives. \t
- Serve as point of contact for your client on all contractual matters, including contract performance/ compliance, SOWs, change controls, extensions & renewals and contractual interpretation.\t
- Chair and/or facilitate contract related governance meetings with the client's business stakeholders and sourcing / procurement team.\t
- Commercial shaping, drafting and negotiating of SOWs, change controls and other contractual documents, involving relevant SMEs as appropriate and undertaking necessary escalations. Work with SMEs to prepare pragmatic responses/ mark ups to client drafts, collaborate with account leadership in setting negotiation strategy and lead the negotiation team to execute on the strategy. \t
- Raise contract awareness and commercial acumen within the account/ delivery team, including provision of contract awareness sessions, contract interpretation and/or navigation queries, and creation of guidance, templates and other reference materials.\t
- Work with CLRM offshore team to monitor obligation fulfilment.\t
- Provide advice and guidance on specific contract requirements to the account/ delivery teams and track contractual compliance.\t
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to define and deploy a suite of end to end contracting governance processes appropriate to the operational environment with implementation of continuous improvement. \t
- Work with business leadership, account /delivery team, other internal SMEs and the client to broker resolutions to any challenges, disagreements and conflicts which may arise.\t
- Oversee the maintenance of a full set of contractual records, including contract documents, key contract-related correspondence, change control log, status reports and conformed copies.
- Deep, practical experience of contract management in the IT and/or business services market.\t
- Nuanced and sophisticated client-facing skills, including ability to identify and negotiate a fair deal and manage difficult/ tense situations. \t
- Detailed understanding of key legal/ commercial principles and obligations found in services contracts.\t
- Clarity of communication (both written and verbal) and the ability to build relationships with both the client and Cognizant internal functional areas.\t
- Strong numeracy skills, with demonstrable fluency in deal economics. Familiarity with P&L management/ reporting would be an advantage.\t
- Proactive problem solver, able to think laterally and work independently using your own initiative and with limited guidance/ instruction.\t
- Flexible, team player able to adapt your thinking / approach to suit the specific circumstances and build strategic working relationships at all levels\t
- Experience in navigating large, complex, matrix management-based organizations\t
- Technologically minded, with the ability to learn/ adopt new systems quickly. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) is essential; advanced skills would be preferred.
North America – East Coast or Central U.S. is preferred. Role designation:
Associate Director, Contract Lifecycle Risk Management