We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: We are PIMCO
, a global investment management firm with a singular focus on preserving and enhancing investors' assets. We manage investments for institutions, financial advisors and individuals, helping millions of people around the world meet their financial goals.
Our technology powers the firm's global trading platform. We employ sophisticated and cutting edge technology tools that support PIMCO's core investment management strategy. Why PIMCO?
At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below). PIMCO's Technology Team
is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, Austin, New York, London, Munich, Singapore and Tokyo.
As a data analyst, you will be working on a number of high-profile projects that will require you to collaborate with key partners and develop data solutions that enable insights into our clients through an evolving data architecture and drive our next generation data platform. The data analyst will serve as the liaison between business partners and data engineering to find opportunities through data and provide direction towards building our data platform. You will drive data quality & governance, data analytics, and data delivery for the firm. Demonstrating lifelong learning and collaboration to fill gaps in knowledge is essential. Position Requirements:
- Local candidate to Austin
- 3+ years of experience in a data analysis or closely related role
- Strong critical thinking and analysis, superior ability to apply summarize and interpret data to answer business questions and story telling
- Passion for mining raw data and extracting impactful insights out of data
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; both verbal and written
- Effective problem-solving capabilities and refined analytical skills
- Experience with data visualization platform
- Strong self-starter who can create and lead projects from scratch with minimal guidance and oversight
- Proficiency in SQL to extract, structure, and analyze data
- Domain knowledge of Financial Services
- Bachelor's degree in Stats, Math, Economics, Finance, Data Science, or relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge of data warehousing and master data management
- Ability to utilize Python to analyze datasets
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, including AWS
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office