Lead Test Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Lead Test Engineer
The Lead Test Engineer will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within Mastercard and working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments. The role requires firm knowledge and hands on software development skills to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable product quality. This role requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks. This position interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product Management, and Program Management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas including mobile, web, and API testing
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) amongst delivery teams
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience
• Play a crucial part in helping to drive quality in order to build and ship better products
• Collaborate with our development teams to enhance our existing software development processes
• Leads stakeholders through demos, presentations, and prototypes
• Drive Quality Engineering methodologies and help build high quality software
• Partner with developers to improve and automate test and release processes
• Help make Quality an integral part of the development process
All About You
• Successfully led project test teams with a hands-on approach; collaborated with business partners, vendors, consulting organizations and peer-level professionals
• Demonstrated expertise in scripting, test automation, code reviews, and testing utilities or management tools like Testrail, Postman, Cucumber, behave, etc.
• Proficiency in a programming language (Python, Java, Scala)
• Experience testing mobile applications and/or mobile web applications
• Experience working within in an Agile SDLC environment
• Successfully collected performance metrics, built performance environment data sets and identified process improvements
• Experience with encryption and decryption methods
• Experience with http messaging and high level protocols, read json and XML, etc.
• Experience with Postgres and/or MySQL
• Strong writing and presentation skills
Nice to Have
• Background in Online Payments and Wallets
• Experience with payment authorization and settlement processes
• Experience with distributed systems, RESTful API, and Reactive Frameworks
• Knowledge of message-oriented middleware technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ
• Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
• Knowledge of Cloud hosting providers (AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge of security scanning and tools like Checkmarx, Blackduck, etc.
• Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff and is a team player
• Interacts with teammates and the larger team in a collaborative way
• Strong desire to seek out areas of system weakness, identify vulnerabilities, and create robust technology
• Enjoys challenging problems while being internally driven toward solutions
• Good at providing feedback in a positive, kind way
• Shares knowledge and experience freely
• Cultivates a desire for self-improvement and a willingness to learn from others
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.