Product Manager, VP, Global Digital
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO launched the Global Digital group in 2018 to build and oversee a portfolio of digital products for clients, sales teams, and internal employees at large. Externally, our vision is to bring significant value-added experiences to institutional and financial advisor clients that complements PIMCO's investment services and expertise. Internally, we seek to transform and simplify sales and marketing processes by taking a holistic view of their workflow and how it interacts with each client journey. This fast growing and innovative team of product managers and designers operates as a true start up within a larger organization.
Global Digital oversees products that span:
- PIMCO.com and the firm's global websites
- Pro, a consumer facing client service platform that features analytical investment tools and other resources for financial advisors and institutional investors
- Perform, an internal sales enablement platform that leverages our CRM system
- Publish, an internal content management and publishing platform
- Propel, a set of common infrastructure, products and services that are shared across these systems.
PIMCO Global Digital is looking for an execution-focused Product Manager who can drive product strategy, roadmap planning, and the execution of PIMCO.com and its regional websites. This role will frequently coordinate and interact with PIMCO's functional areas and departments, and external agencies. The ideal candidate is someone with a history of executing both strategically and tactically. Position Requirements:
- Define feature scope, dependencies, and risks, and ensure that they are well documented and communicated appropriately.
- Partner with design to formulate user stories and requirements for Engineering and QA.
- Identify, document, and communicate regional requirements and nuances that need to be addressed to support regional rollouts of our redesigned website.
- Refine the user journey, uncover user insights, and identify key user needs to focus product roadmap on supporting key business strategies.
- Partner with PIMCO's internal Compliance, Marketing, and Funds groups to build compliant and industry-leading user experiences.
- Partner with Data Insights to perform analysis to research, identify, validate, launch, and iterate features that reflect the needs of our users.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define key problems that inform your product strategy and priorities.
- Identify and champion product management best practices that fit the team and its environment.
Important to note, this role will not be responsible for Marketing or Digital Marketing but will partner closely with those global teams as needed on launch and distribution strategy.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution.
- 10+ years of experience in product management or a similar role.
- Fintech or financial services experience.
- Adept at writing user stories and requirements in both agile and traditional software development methodologies.
- Proven track record of creating and managing a roadmap based on a shared product vision.
- Strong analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience facilitating and managing communication channels within the project, including meetings, workshops, email, and documentation.
- Proficient in utilizing SaaS-based collaboration tools (such as JIRA or SmartSheets) to manage feature development from research to launch.
- Experience working with external agencies and vendors
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Google Analytics, Sitecore
- Ability to work daily with engineering; communicate, coordinate, and manage dependencies
- Interest and passion for all things digital
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office