Program Manager, Development
Program Manager Development PMO Austin, TX/en-US/Q2/job/Austin-TX/Program-Manager---Development-PMO_REQ-3185/apply
Q2 is seeking a team-focused Program Manager with a passion for identifying and managing process to ensure we release quality software developed using Agile Scrum methodology. Working within the Development Program Management team, the Program Manager will work in a fast-paced environment with Development, Test Engineering, IT, Product Management, Design, Implementations, Support and other internal teams to drive efficiencies, transparency, quality and predictability in our software delivery process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership on cross-functional development focused software release process.
- Ensure adherence to organizational processes and SDLC standards for software release practices.
- Anticipate needs and drive results through planning, documentation, dependency coordination, tracking, internal training and communications.
- Create and analyze operational trends and data used for decision making, root cause analysis and performance measurement.
- Build partnerships, work collaboratively and communicate effectively to achieve shared objectives.
- Make Improvements to processes to improve the experience and delivery for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in project management, business analysis or software implementations.
- Technical Background with experience in common Scrum and Agile practices preferred.
- Jira, Power BI and MS Project experience preferred.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment while delivering results.
- Familiarity with enterprise software deployment architecture and methodologies.
- Proven ability in building effective partnership with diverse groups in multiple locations/environments
- Ability to convey technical concepts to business oriented teams.
- Capable of assessing and communicating risks and mitigations while managing ambiguity.
- Experience managing customer and internal expectations while understanding the organizational and customer impact.
- Strong organizational, process, leadership, and collaboration skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Posted TodayFull timeREQ-3185
Q2 is a financial experience company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Driven by a mission to build stronger communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them, we empower banks, credit unions, and other financial services providers to be an ever-present companion on an account holders financial journey. Combining the leading features, integrations, and operations capabilities in the market with data-driven insights, open technology, and a unique problem-solving process to drive emotions and outcomes, Q2 helps our customers unlock new opportunities, grow faster, and improve efficiencies.
To build stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities. Were a growing team of high-performing self-starters who are passionate about creativity and exploration in every challenge.
To ensure that our nations financial institutions are equipped to provide for their communities financial needs, today and tomorrow.
To empower financial institutions to be the ever-present companion on their account holders financial journey. We do this by using data-driven insights, open technology, and unique problem-solving approaches to help FIs deliver exceptional experiences for their account holders.