SW Engineering Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: About the job
PIMCO Client Digital Team is creating the next generation of Digital Tools for PIMCO Customers to understand and analyze their portfolio and derive actionable insights.
This team is seeking a full stack Engineering Manager for architecting and enhancing the Platform to include global asset classes and features.
You will manage a team of engineers as a player/coach to architect, design and develop the platform while working on closely with teams across infrastructure, quality assurance, business analysts and other development teams. Responsibilities:
Position Requirements: Qualifications:
- Understand and articulate Product Vision
- Shape the product - Define technical architecture or implementable design
- Ensure high performance, quality, and responsiveness of the platform
- Be able to respond to the user needs on adhoc basis on cases where systematic answers are not possible or can't be given.
- Integrate with a geographically distributed team to set best practices and standards
- Clearly and concisely communicate at different levels
We believe a Lead Engineer should give product a shape, be a mentor and guide to other engineers and communicate the vision and progress of the product.
- 5+ years of technology/systems integration experience
- Strong knowledge of Angular and Spring boot framework
- Knowledge and prior experience of working on cloud and related technology platforms
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL. Ability to define data flow and high level data design and data relationships.
- Experience with UI technology; Angular (preferred) React, Node etc
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN or Git
- Anticipate and avoid/resolve problems; proactively assess areas for improvement; recommend solutions and follow through to implement them
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office