Senior DevOps Engineer
- Negotiable USD
- Austin, TX, USA Austin TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Gemini Solutions
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building monitoring solutions, implementing configuration management and runbook automation, standardizing processes and managing microservices, private cloud and web applications to help steer scalability and stability improvements early in the lifecycle of development while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for managing full application lifecycle including Cloud Automation and Orchestration, Continuous Monitoring and Self-Healing Automation for proprietary trading, risk management systems and portfolio management applications. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter and a team player having a passion for software engineering and building automation, who works well under pressure and has strong communication and technical skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of DevOps or development and operations combined experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with DevOps tools including Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios/Solarwinds, PagerDuty, JIRA, Chef/Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Git and related tools.
- Solid understanding of Microservices architecture and technology stack, messaging systems, web application architecture and technology stack.
- Expertise in scripting technologies like Python
- Understanding of C++/Java
- Excellent communications skills, possess strong problem solving, analytical, time management skills.
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues.