Sr. Software Engineer, Client Digital
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are part of a newly formed solutions group designed to drive digital innovation in this "start-up" within a global giant. In partnership with the business and critical subject matter experts, this role will be responsible for defining and designing the digital experience for a suite of tools to bring the industry-leading analysis and insights of PIMCO to a much wider audience. More specifically, come join us in creating a green field ecosystem where applications are tools that bring our clients closer to their investments, perform complex analytics, display attribution but most importantly keeps data real.
Our team seeks a Full Stack Application developer responsible for building Cloud Native applications for diverse client-facing business stakeholders. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop applications that aggregate and analyze the data fed from diverse trade feeds and custodian sources to inform and educate our client on their portfolio's risk and return profile. You will collaborate and coordinate with geographically distributed team working on different layers of the stack. We are seeking those who are committed to collaborative problem solving, interested in designing aesthetically pleasing user interfaces and those who take pride in product quality.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work with Technical lead, Product Manager and Designer to understand user needs and requirements.
- Conduct detailed analysis of the entity relationships to develop effective code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Integrate with geographically distributed team and be able to work together towards the success of the deliverables.
- Report development and analysis in order to find defects and propose improvements.
- Bring a curious and inquisitive approach to solving complex business problems.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis
- Provide recommendations and plans for improvement
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL. Ability to define data flow and high level data design and data relationships
- Expertise using REST services (independent of the application platform)
- Working Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as SVN or Git
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Thorough and detail oriented; take ownership for complete follow-through of work
- Flexible teammate who cooperates with team members and adapts easily to changing priorities
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.