As a member of the senior leadership team, you will lead the monthly/quarterly analysis of company financial results, develop and maintain relevant performance metrics and prepare monthly and quarterly presentations for the Board of Directors of the company, as well as for prospective investors. Working closely with the accounting and technology team, you will deliver insight into company results to each senior leader of the company monthly and build out technology solutions to improve the forecasting and analysis cycle.
The VP of Corporate FP&A will lead an existing team of 3 with the opportunity to recruit and train an additional members based on company growth. The individual will work close with the existing accounting, technology, capital markets, corporate and operations teams. A successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing a team responsible for all facets of the Corporate FP&A process, including the preparation of complex financial models (capital planning and budgeting), monthly financial analysis of results, debt and equity requirements to support company growth and liquidity management.
- Supervising and training assigned personnel to ensure a high performing, self-motivated team
- Working with division leaders and senior management to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company's forecasting processes.
- Developing presentations that communicate the Company's financial goals, operating results, historical trends, etc. to the Company's Board, senior management team and prospective investors
- Analyzing trends in key performance indicators and performance vs peer/industry benchmarks, identifying and communicating key business risks and opportunities
- Improving the use of the existing modeling/forecasting platform to streamline how the company plans and receives monthly operating updates
- Limited travel to new and existing joint venture partners to present proposed models and budgets
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA desired but not required
- 7 years of progressive accounting experience plus 3-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis is required
- Real estate industry experience required
- Demonstrate clear proficiency in US GAAP
- Strong communicator who can easily transition between Board of Directors, Equity Holders and team members to clearly articulate budgets, assumptions and opportunities for growth
- Proven leader and team manager who can help prioritize multiple assignments and deliver accurate and timely analysis and budgets
- Demonstrated experience at building new and modifying existing forecasting models to accommodate new business lines, funding strategies and dynamic growth expectations
- Experience with Yardi helpful as is experience with budgeting software like Adaptive or Oracle Hyperion
- Robust interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail. A self-starter who can motivate a team without specific guidelines or instructions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.