Vice President, Credit Solutions
The Credit Solutions group manages lending/credit for a wide range of credit relationships. Leads the due diligence process and deal structuring process. Partners with the Relationship Management Team for the delivery and negotiation of credit solutions. Owns the underwriting, approval and closing process. Responsible for proactive portfolio management, including maintaining credit quality and profitability targets. Remains abreast of market, sector and competitive trends. Engages and builds relationships with key client stakeholders to remain well-informed, and able to respond to changing circumstances while appropriately balancing client and SVB needs. Develops and delivers insights and points of view on loan types and credit/performance trends in sectors/sub-sectors.
Manages lending/credit aspects for assigned client relationships and prospects. Leads the due diligence and deal structuring process and partners with Relationship Management to deliver and negotiate the credit solution. Owns the underwriting, documentation and closing process. Responsible for proactive portfolio management, understanding changing risk profiles of their clients and communicating this information and assessment to key stakeholders (internal and external). Recommends and executes on appropriate steps based on changing circumstances across a range of complex issues. Engages with clients independently, building relationships with the appropriate stakeholders, gathering information and responding to ongoing needs. Provides training to less experienced staff. Ensures that resource allocation to their portfolio and to the pipeline is appropriate. Develops insights into loan types and sectors.
Leads due diligence, structuring, underwriting and documentation processes independently for all but the most complex deals. Able to manage portfolio proactively and independently, while exercising proper judgment on when additional guidance and engagement of others is appropriate. Develops term sheets / deal structures and provides solid guidance and contributions during the delivery and negotiation process with the client. Engineers creative solutions to client needs. Provides guidance to less experienced staff members, enabling them to show improved efficiency and effectiveness. Able to effectively manage resources to optimize process and outcomes. Primary Duties:
- Lead the structuring, underwriting and closing of credit solutions for assigned prospects and clients. Responsible for the process end to end on all but the most complex deals, including engaging with Relationship Management, clients/prospects, Credit Admin, Legal partners and other internal / external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes. Manages resources effectively and responsible for doing this at increasing scale.
- Manage assigned portfolio of borrowing relationships, reviewing information, evaluating risk, and engaging with clients, building relationships with appropriate stakeholders. Communicate internally to recommend and execute on responses to changing situations for clients / across the portfolio broadly. Ensures that portfolio management practices meet SVB standards.
- Engaging in team development, including collaboration and coaching of Associates who support the team.
- Developing and demonstrating subject matter expertise within the team including market, sector and competitive trends, business models, lending models and making the group more scalable through optimizing how we conduct business and manage the portfolio.
5 or more years of related experience. Excellent credit analysis and portfolio management skills. Good negotiation skills, communication skills and ability to engage with clients effectively and independently. Good knowledge and application of credit policies and risk ratings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience