Full Time/Part Time
The Manager (reporting into the Sr. Director of REO Operations) will be part of the Serving Operations/REO department which is responsible for the effective management and disposition of Freddie Macs portfolio of Real Estate homes acquired through foreclosure. The Manager leads a team that is responsible for the managing the Sales related components of the disposition process (including setting policy, developing procedures, implementing strategies, and providing vendor oversight). Additionally, this team manages the overall relationship with the primary vendor responsible for the day-to-day disposition activities of the portfolio. Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Actively participate as a member of the REO management team in running the department operations.
- Manage a team of 5-10 individuals responsible for executing the key business functions of the REO Sales & Account Management unit.
- Set objectives, conduct one-on-ones, hold regular staff meetings, effectively manage performance including the year-end review process.
- Set policy and procedure for sales related functions in the REO disposition process.
- Develop and execute vendor oversight/monitoring practices.
- Operationalize sales related pilots and strategies.
- Manage alternative disposition strategies (Auction, nonprofit relationship, donations, etc.)
- Manage overall relationship with and provide account management to outsourced vendor managing the day-to-day disposition functions.
- Set goals, produce monthly scorecards, hold monthly scorecard review meetings and annual account reviews.
- Serve as a liaison between the vendor and other business units in the REO department to manage issues, performance, handle escalations, and operationalize new strategies and processes.
Work Location Zip Code
SF Strategic, Data & Ops
Keys to Success in this Role
- 8-10 years related Real Estate, foreclosure or other default servicing experience.
- 2+ years of people management and/or lead experience
- Previous experience managing vendor relationships
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels and tailor those communications appropriately.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Real Estate sales process (both retail and default servicing).
- Ability to effectively lead, coach, and develop direct reports
- Ability to work with business data to identify trends, performance issues, etc. and then develop strategies to change/improve performance.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and drive execution.
- Resilient to change and ability to effectively lead your team through change.
Work Location City
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and youll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State
Mortgage & Underwriting