Operations Management Manager
Ops Change Mgmt Mgr
Full Time/Part Time
This position is in the Securities Operations Department within Single Family Strategic Delivery, Data, and Operations and reports to the Governance groups Director. The Operations Risk and Control Manager is responsible for the management of all risk and control related activity across all the groups in Securities Operations. In addition, the position will be responsible for helping to manage the Dallas office for the Securities Operations presence.
As a subject matter expert in governance and control, you will partner with senior members of the leadership teams and staff to drive change to effectively manage risks in an open, collaborative environment to further mature the business risk culture. The ideal candidate is a highly accomplished and motivated Risk Management professional with excellent organizational, leadership, communication and relationship management skills. Your Work Falls Into Three Primary Categories:
- Facilitate risk identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, mitigation and reporting of operational risk management.
- Oversee and manage the risks and controls framework for processes related to Securities Ops.
- Oversee and manage internal and external Audit, and Compliance requests for Securities Ops.
- You are an advocate and champion of the corporate risk framework and policy - driving awareness, adoption and execution in the groups within the department.
- Provide guidance and support to the business in the development and documentation of risk, issue, and control descriptions and remediation plans. Ensure compliance with risk acceptance requirements.
- Lead business continuity planning for the department, ensuring that our out of region location is ready for any outage event.
Work Location Zip Code
SF Strategic, Data & Ops
Keys to Success in this Role
- 8+ years of experience in operational risk, technology risk, compliance and/or audit
- 3+ years of first line operational risk management experience preferred
- 3+ years of risk advisory experience at a financial services institution is preferred
- Strong written and verbal ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of business partners.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac Securitization products and processes
- Familiar with common industry frameworks, such as NIST and/or ISO
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast-paced changing environment, including the ability to effectively and independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversight of Third-Party Management in a Regulated environment.
- Critical thinking skills with a problem-solving mindset; demonstrated intellectual ability to analyze ambiguous and complex issues to distill critical components.
Work Location City
Operations Risk & Control Manager
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and youll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State