AVP Model Validation
- USD100000.00 - USD135000.00 per year
- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
The candidate will be responsible for performing model validation and back testing.
My client is a leading Financial Institution.
The role will entail;
- Work closely with modeling group to design the model monitoring process as the new models get approved and enhance the existing monitoring reports.
- Prepare model performance monitoring reports to satisfy internal and external audit/regulatory requirements.
- Perform model performance analyses as needed and work on automation.
- Perform back testing and stress testing.
- Design the benchmark/alternative models for performance monitoring purposes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of relative experience, ideally in model validation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent communication skills and can work in an efficient and organized way and have the ability to work independently.
- Prior experience on quantitative modeling is preferred and should have a general knowledge about the financial market, products, risk metrics and VaR modeling /back testing approaches.
- Ideally should be familiar with the regulatory requirements in terms of model risk management.
- Good programming skills in database languages such as SQL, R, SAS, Access, VBA, Python etc. C++ is a plus.
- A PhD or Master's degree in a quantitative field, preferably in statistics, computer science, economics, financial engineering or mathematical finance.
Competitive pay with bonus and competitive benefits.