- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Reporting to Vice President of Financial Reporting. The successful candidate will work with the collection, recording and reporting of all pertinent financial data and transactions; applying principles of accounting to prepare and analyze financial information and address accounting issues; and assisting with other financial functions. This position will work with Corporate Accounting and other operational groups.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares financial statements, footnotes and supporting schedules and performs analysis prior to distribution.
- Quarterly preparation, analysis, communication, and resolution of issues on financial information to be included in regulatory filings and in the footnotes.
- Preparation of quarterly stand-alone financial statements published to internal and external users.
- Prepares/analyzes and coordinates information for audits, including annual corporate audit, individual business unit audits, etc.
- Documents and participates in implementation and documentation of accounting standards and accounting control procedures.
- Assists in preparation of compliance and investor reporting.
- Participates in systems projects and enhancements to shorten the close cycle time and financial reporting time.
- Ensure the proper and continuous flow of accounting activities needed to maintain accurate complete financial records.
- Maintain effective communication with other departments, including HMG Accounting, as a basis for assuring complete and accurate financial information and appropriate documentation.
- Identify, research, document, and implement accounting for technical accounting including whitepapers, processes, alternatives, transaction flows, and disclosures. Responsible for GAAP policy research and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline is required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree with at least 3 years of professional experience, preferably in the real estate lending, financial services or investment management industry with an understanding of real estate finance products and financial analysis.
- CPA preferred. Must be eligible candidate for CPA or equivalent (CIA, CMA, CFA).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Understanding of financial statements and financial products.
- Experience with JD Edwards E1 general ledger and Reports Now systems a strong plus.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple locations with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and who has the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent consulting, client management and business literacy skills. Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues. Takes initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.