- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
The Accountant performs various duties to support the accounting function's goal of timeliness and accuracy including journal entry preparation, general ledger analysis and reconciliation, and monthly financial reporting both internally and to business partners. The Accountant is responsible for ensuring proper accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and preparing financial reporting packages to meet internal and external requirements. This role will ensure the integrity of accounting information by researching account issues for compliance and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, knowledge of Company accounting policies and professional judgment to determine or recommend appropriate recording of transactions and/or in reviewing transactions under your supervision.
- Ensure the proper and continuous flow of accounting activities needed to maintain accurate complete financial records.
- Maintain effective communication with other departments as a basis for assuring complete and accurate financial information and appropriate documentation.
- Plan, organize and maintain the accuracy of financial information recorded and reported.
- Prepare journal entries to accrue revenue and expenses or other items in accordance with GAAP and the accounting policies established by the company
- Review general ledger coding for cash entries, accounts payable and wire transfers as needed.
- Prepare schedules as needed to analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate posting of financial information and propose corrections to general ledger as necessary.
- Provide support schedules used in budgeting, debt covenant compliance, and other analyses
- Prepare analyses necessary for efficient quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. CPA preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum three years of general ledger accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of real estate and mortgage banking preferred.
- Ability to resolve and analyze accounting issues in-depth according to GAAP.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer MS Office skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently.
- Experience with JD Edwards E1 general ledger system a strong plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a detail orientated, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Manage multiple tasks, projects, and ability to prioritize. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results. Manage multiple tasks, projects, and ability to prioritize.