Analytics & Reporting
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers dont just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Analytics & Reporting (A&R) is seeking Analyst / Associate candidates for a risk manager role with an aptitude for creative use of technology, a quantitative disposition and strong communication skills with an affinity for constructing engaging narratives.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
A&R are responsible for reviewing, publishing, interpreting and communicating the firms independent and authoritative risk & capital measures, which includes:
Qualifications, Skills & Aptitude
- Developing & maintaining engaging approaches to share curated risk insights through interactive dashboard tools.
- Enhancing and managing processes that quantify, review, explain & convey insight for risk & capital measurements for a large, diverse set of financial products or activities covering the whole Firm. Either on an activity by activity basis or in aggregate.
- This involves developing and utilizing tools & signals to assist understanding risk & capital metrics, at varying levels of aggregation across the Firm, in order to discover insight while ensuring metrics continue to operate in line with intent.
- Understanding financial & non-financial risk by analyzing pricing, risk & capital model outputs to evaluate, explain and justify features observed in the Firms risk data.
- Automation engineering to improve control, reduce operational risks & costs and enhance the Firms metric timeliness & availability increasing awareness of significant risks
- Testing, developing & integrating new/updated workflows and documentation
- Providing independent risk & capital metric process consulting for new or existing business activities in the Firm.
- Liaising with groups such as Modelers/Strats, Technologists, Trading & Investing businesses, Operations & Controllers to understand & explain observations in Risk data.
- Coordinating with firm internal governing bodies such as Risk Committees and executive members of the firm
- Interacting with firm external governing bodies such as external regulators and industry bodies
Eligible candidates are preferred to have the following skills and aptitude:
- Entrepreneurial, creative, self-motivated and team-orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, physics, econometrics or engineering.
- Practical knowledge of mathematics and numerical algorithms, including statistics and time series analysis.
- Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in, development of risk analytics, interpretation & productivity tools for cultivating insights into risk & capital metric data.
- Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in, pricing, risk and capital models.
Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in, financial markets & economics