- $70000 - $110000 per annum
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings QRF
- 04 Apr 18
Associate - Private Equity Valuations
- Location: Dallas, TX, USA
- Salary: $70000 - $110000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
A leading Financial Technology/Market Data firm in Dallas, TX is looking for a talented Private Equity Valuations professional who enjoys both analytical and client-facing work, and is keen on taking on the challenge of incorporating both into their daily responsibilities.Associate - Private Equity Valuations
A leading Financial Technology/Market Data firm in Dallas, TX is looking for a talented Private Equity Valuations professional who enjoys both analytical and client-facing work, and is keen on taking on the challenge of incorporating both into their daily responsibilities.
They will be joining a small, solid team utilizing proprietary software and models to conduct analysis around alternative investments and illiquid securities, and maintain their status as one of the most competitive and sought-after firms in the industry.
Ideal applicant backgrounds include Private Equity Valuations at a hedge fund/investment bank/Big 4 firm, or coming out of an investment banking rotational program.
- Manage investment valuations and valuation reviews; develop, implement, and review valuation policies and procedures
- Advise investment and valuation teams after review of 100+ investments valuations to ensure technical accuracy and propriety of methods and inputs, present findings and recommendations to firm’s valuation committee, and address inquiries from fund auditor
- Build client relationships and acting as a direct contact with current and prospective clients in the financial services sector and in and around Texas and the broader South geographic region.
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to executive management
- Working with executive management, providing insight and expertise on target industries, market and competitor information focusing on the financial services sector
- Mentor junior members on the team, and participate in hiring decisions where applicable
- Spearhead new initiatives and policies for process improvement and better workflow management
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, or a related degree
- MBA from a top accredited college/university preferred but not necessary
- Successful attainment or current progress towards the CFA highly preferred
- 2+ years direct experience in a valuations/transaction analysis capacity at a financial services institution
- Experienced in constructing and reviewing financial and statistical models e.g. DCF, comparable company and transaction, stock option, loss curves
- Leadership and prior management experience highly desired
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and able to manage complex workflows and stay on task across large amounts of data
- A true team-player with a genuine interest in contributing to the group’s mutual successes