We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support a variety of business activities across the firm. We also provide advice with respect to the resolution of legal, regulatory and reputational risks and ensure the firms activities are conducted within the boundaries of the law and consistent with preserving and enhancing the firms reputation. Whether youre an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney to assist in supporting our Investment Banking Latin America corporate derivatives team, our Global Currency and Emerging Markets (GCEM) sales and trading desks in NY, Mexico, and Brazil as well as our other fixed income global markets businesses. This position offers an opportunity to partner with the business and other cross divisional stakeholders in supporting the firms fixed income businesses and drive the legal analysis and strategy.
- Advise on structuring, documentation, and execution of fixed income cash and derivatives products
- Advise on new product or activity development, concentrating in new markets in Latin America
- Assist with implementation of regulatory reform efforts
- Manage outside counsel, including local counsel in Latin America.
- Collaborate across control groups to drive execution and ensure consistency in risk management
- 5 to 8 years legal experience post JD
- Experience in advising on derivatives (FX, rates, inflation, credit) and cash (bonds, repo, securities lending, loans) fixed income sales and trading products, including structured notes, TRSs, deal contingents, and lien-based derivative hedges. Substantive knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to swap dealers, security-based swap dealers and broker dealers, including the Commodity Exchange Act, Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Dodd-Frank Title VII regulations, FINRA and NFA regulations, and Bank Holding Company and Financial Holding Company regulatory principles.
- Experience with various industry trading documentation and standards, including ISDA masters, CSAs and definitional booklets; GMRAs; LSTA loan trading documentation
- Outstanding law firm credentials and relevant in-house experience in a financial services company
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas and develop stakeholder relationships
- Team-oriented with ability to respond and be flexible to client demands while adhering to firm policies and group practices
- Experience advising on cross-border financial transactions involving Latin American clients
- Spanish language skills preferred but not required