Audit Supervisor Req ID: owXGcfw5 Date posted 05/04/2020
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Internal Auditor III shall be responsible for auditing systems, platforms, and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security. Evaluates infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss. Determines and recommends improvements in current risk management controls and implementation of system changes or upgrades.
- Participate as a key member of the audit team in audit projects
- Determines an adequate scope for the reviews, in conjunction with other Senior Auditors, Managers and Directors
- Conducts audit testing of the areas, documenting the processes reviewed, summarizing and communicating audit results to management
- Assesses and evaluates the adequacy of internal controls, governance framework, and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Assists in the development of recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Assists in the preparation of the recommendations and report documents
- Performs a follow-up review of prior audit issues, determining if appropriate corrective actions have been taken to address previously issued recommendations
- Ability to lead and mentor in a team environment as needed
- Presents accurate and formal executive reports with audit conclusions
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Economics or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience in a public accounting or financial services firm in an organization that is under strong regulatory oversight and scrutiny required
- Understanding of internal audit processes, including identifying and evaluating key risks; developing and conducting audit testing; documenting work performed; and presenting findings identified
- Ability to provide guidance and support to peers
- Strong analytical, decision making and time management skills. Mature planning, organizing and directing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Either already processes or is working towards certifications (CPA, CIA, CFA, CRCM, CISA)
- Big Four Accounting experience
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required (10% or less).
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.