Your road to success
starts here. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
Audit Supervisor Req ID: o2Jndfw5 Date posted 08/28/2020
Job Family: Internal Audit & Credit Risk Review
Serve as the third line of defense, providing the Board Audit & Board Risk Committees and senior management with independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of internal controls, risk management (current or emerging), governance processes and systems, and lending units (overall asset quality, risk and compliance processes, underwriting policies, procedures, limits, concentrations), thereby helping to protect the company’s value, solvency and reputation. To such ends, Internal Audit evaluates: the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes and systems; compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and with the requirements from supervisors; the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information; and, asset integrity. Credit Risk Review assesses the quality, quantity, direction and overall credit risk in the organization.
Job Function: Business Audit
Provide assurance on the quality and effectiveness of internal control, risk management (current or emerging) and governance processes and systems in the Other (non-IT) Risks space.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.
- Develops an advanced understanding of the business.
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as well as formulates findings and presents the results to the relevant Sr. Supervisor/ Audit Manager.
- Executes control design and operating effectiveness testing over high complexity areas as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Conducts post-audit high complexity follow-up to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken by management to address audit recommendations.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant audit standards.
- Reviews and challenges the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company’s standards.
- Participates in the design of audit test steps.
- Starts supervising and providing coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of internal audit reviews and activities. As such, starts reviewing and challenging the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
- Participates in the drafting of audit recommendations to be presented to the Audit Manager.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent field.
Experience - At least 3-5 years Audit Experience; OR 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
- Collaboration - Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change; Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Execution - Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things done; Actively contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussion
- Change Orientation - Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change; Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
- Problem Solving - Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Customer Focus - Probes in-depth to understand the customer’s business needs; Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Influence - Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner; Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions; Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Risk Management - Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results; Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results; Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
- Risk Business Acumen - Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues; Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May frequently require minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact