Your road to success
starts here. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
Manager, Claims and Fraud Operations Req ID: oyO3bfwk Date posted 02/21/2020
Support the Director, Claims & Fraud Operations in ensuring that the 1st Line of Defense (“FLOD”) internal and external anti-fraud risk management controls and measures are effectively managed. The Sr. Manager, is responsible for guiding the Anti-Fraud prevention and detection program and internal control structure providing strategic direction, monitoring and reporting of Internal/External Fraud from a FLoD perspective. The Sr. Manager will provide enterprise-wide prevention, detection, consultative and other risk management disciplines in a manner that minimizes fraud risk, complies with regulatory requirements and enables the FLOD to safely achieve strategic goals. Provide strategic vision, expert advice and interact regularly with senior/executive management to proactively identify, assess, control, manage, monitor, test, report, remediate, train and address emerging fraud risks, scams, trends and common themes to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for the Enterprise Fraud Management Functions: prevention, detection, investigations and regulatory reporting.
- Support the strategic plan and culture of compliance through the enhancement of the anti-fraud internal control environment.
- Proactively identifies, tracks and analyzes fraud risks within SC.
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate business practices, key decisions, policies, internal controls and, standards regarding anti-fraud measures.
- Provide guidance regarding the implementation of controls to detect and deter internal / external fraudulent activity.
- Works with the SC departmental business functions, business leads, and other stakeholders to create a culture of strong fraud risk management.
- Promote and embed a Culture of Fraud Awareness within the organization through the establishment of an Anti-Fraud Risk Assessment program.
- Establish and oversee the fraud assessment as part of the Risk Control Self-Assessment process (“RCSA’)
- Develops key reports and metrics that are used to support the goals of the SC Dealer Services.
- Implements and manages a value-added fraud prevention and Investigation programs, focusing on identification and prevention that encompasses the functions and business activities of the Company.
- Leads and manages early warning detection systems and other loss mitigating initiatives.
- Leads the internal and external fraud investigation program.
- Collaborates with business areas and management to ensure visibility to and understanding of related risk processes and reporting. Develops strong relationships with key department heads to ensure vendor management is understood and managed appropriately.
- Coordinates and revises the fraud investigation management processes, policies and procedures at the program level for the company. This includes cross functional processing involving different diligence work streams.
- Researches and leverages technology-based tools to implement process improvements to current fraud monitoring and detection systems.
- Proactively identifies and capitalizes on new opportunities for fraud analytics team to improve/drive value for business.
- Provides reporting at a high level suitable for presentation to executive management reflective of activities performed by the function.
- Develops and delivers a strategic project roadmap every 6-12 months.
- Effectively manages and develops a team of associates.
- Creates and presents fraud awareness training programs, enterprise-wide, to all business functions.
- Works with the SC Marketing Department to create Dealer Fraud Awareness Programs.
- Manage and Lead in the development and reporting of Key Performance Indicators/Key Performance Measures to Senior/Executive Leadership.
- Ensure that robust customer fair treatment processes are in place with regular reviews to ensure they are consistent, effective, efficient and best-in-class.
- Manage all of the Enterprise Fraud Management’s practices, processes and procedures meet internal risk management policies/standards/procedures and regulator expectations and scrutiny to detect and deter internal/external fraud.
- Demonstrate confident leadership and, sound judgment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Executives and Senior Management of Lines of Business (“LoB”) cross functionally.
- Ensures that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- BA/BS Required
- Certified Fraud Examiner Certification preferred or equivalent.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience working in Financial Fraud Prevention and Investigations, audit, or other risk functions within a large commercial and/or investment bank or in a regulatory agency.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in an enterprise-wide Fraud Investigation monitoring, reporting programs.
- Three (3) to five (5) years management experience.
- Working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking and/or capital markets products.
- Excellent understanding of financial services regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and drive change.
- Ability to request and/or collect relevant information, identify potential exposures/gaps, summarize conclusions, construct recommendations, present recommendations, collaborate on the design/testing/implementation of controls, and evaluate control results.
- Skilled in risk and trend identification and mitigation techniques.
- Ability to analyze Fraud metrics and translate into predictive data and action plans that anticipate and mitigate risk exposure.
- Excellent database skills with the ability to design, analyze and reconcile large data sets; ability to generate charts and tables using the correct level of detail; perform relevant trend analysis; create metrics and dashboards.
- Skilled in creating high-impact presentations for all audiences (senior management, regulators, training, etc.) including the ability to represent content concisely and through charts and graphics for enhanced visual impact.
- Strong MS Office skills; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
- Experience with systems (including strategy, defect identification/design, change programs, UAT design and implementation) and data (including data integrity, data migration, reference data, and data security).
- Influencing skills and ability to drive initiatives to completion within a matrix reporting environment.
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills; ability to manage, develop, and motivate a team of fraud investigators.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Ability to work closely and build trust with management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
- Operations, Dallas, Texas, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Dallas, Texas, United States
- Fraud Management, Dallas, Texas, United States
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact