Digital Transformation & Management, Data ArchitectGrant Thornton3/11/2020 8:46:09 AMJOB ID: 046620Specialty: Dallas, Texas Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Digital Transformation & Management, Data Architect
As a Data Architect, you will help clients effectively design systems that maximize their existing and future data assets. You will apply your knowledge of data strategy, data management, data integration, and advanced analytics to support a wide variety of challenging projects — from designing end to end enterprise data analytics solutions to finding and mitigating data as part of large enterprise transformation engagements to modernize our client’s current architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design conceptual and physical data models that comport to current and future business requirements and key application logic
· Articulate the strengths and weaknesses of different data system design patterns, and work collaboratively with the client to minimize constraints and settle on the optimal blueprint
· Effectively break down enterprise data models and legacy system migrations into iterative, digestible iterations of work for our technology partners
· Own discovery of client systems and data architecture, and scope updates to satisfy business needs
· Develop effective recommendations for enterprise storage and retrieval solutions that satisfy client’s current and future business needs
· Hands-on leadership in both EDW and data lake systems
· Lead diagnosis of system inefficiencies and proactively find opportunities to optimize data systems to remove barriers to quality
· Write non-functional requirements for data systems and monitor system performance against them
· Interface with client IT teams and technology partners to satisfy compliance and security requirements
· Generate clear, actionable documentation that enables self-guided execution by technical resources
· Assist in the development and mentorship of a team of data engineers and solutions architects across the firm to move the capability forward
· Implement large data platform, business intelligence and advance analytics and multi-tier type solutions
· Collaborate with the Advisory service line and industry leaders to develop new use cases and expand the business in new direction
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a background in machine learning, statistics, bioinformatics, signal processing or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· 6-10 years of experience in a data scientist or data architect role
· Proven ability to prioritize and drive solution-centric efforts across a geographically distributed team of business and technology professionals
· Demonstrate results driven with sound judgment and pragmatism
· Hands-on experience with legacy system and data structure deprecation
· Honed intuition for navigating esoteric or incomplete systems documentation
· Anticipate future business needs and technology advancements to ensure that data systems are designed for flexibility and scalability
· Meticulous attention to detail when analyzing large scale system relationships
· Demonstrated ability to translate between the languages of business and data: articulate problems, scenarios, considerations, etc between stakeholders in both groups
· SQL Server or advanced database or advanced analytics experience
· Experience with relational and NoSQL data base structures
· Experience with big data platforms: Hadoop, MS Azure, Pivotal, etc
· Experience with common data document encodes: XML, YAML, JSON, BSON, etc
· Experience with common cloud data storage solutions
· Visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Qlik
· Ability to take action, experiment and turn losses into wins by moving forward
· Big, undefined problems and petabytes challenge you.
· Travel: 80%
· Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
BENEFITS: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Requisition ID: 046620
Dallas, TX Dallas, Texas
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Grant Thornton endeavors to make / accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or if you need assistance or accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us at .