Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100 offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over 150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and access as our clients needs evolve.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Internal Sales desk, the Business Development Associate will work closely with the Managing Directors and Wealth Advisors to grow the company's client base through outbound calls to potential clients, creating qualified opportunities for Advisor follow up. This position will participate in the development path to grow into a potential Wealth Adviser or Wealth Manager and complete other duties in support of the Dallas team.
- Successfully participates in and completes our multi-phase training program
- Calls prospective clients and invites them to workshops and events; reserves workshop seats for interested prospects
- Through conversations with prospects, obtains basic information in order to determine qualified opportunities
- Learns and demonstrates mastery of:
- United Capital and the services we provide
- Our retirement workshops and the topics they cover
- The companies we market to and their basic retirement benefits
- What makes a prospective client a fit for our services
- Our marketing procedures
- Best practices for successfully calling on prospective clients
- Consistently meets or exceeds individual productivity targets
- Manages schedule and sets appointments for assigned Wealth Adviser(s)
- Assists Managing Directors and Wealth Advisers in meeting preparation
- Obtains FINRA Series 65 licensure within a 12-month period.
- Perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time while initiating focus and concentration
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax machine
- Ability to read and analyze in a timely manner documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with clients and prospects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Preferably in Finance, Business or Economics)
- Previous experience and success in high-volume sales or appointment setting preferred
- Previous financial services industry experience is preferred
- Prior experience with Contact Resource Management software preferred, Salesforce a plus
- FINRA Series 65 license a plus
Required Skills & Competencies:
- A passion for need-based selling, balancing persistence, persuasiveness and patience
- Ability to overcome objections
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving results
- Excellent grammar, spelling and phone & email etiquette
- Professional and articulate oral and written communication skills, an active listener
- Sets high standards of performance for themselves and maintains a consistent and high level of production
- Fosters a sense of energy, pride, enthusiasm, ownership and personal commitment to the work