Functional Lead - Insurance Analyzer
- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
Functional Lead - Insurance Analyzer
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
- Act as the subject matter expert and functional lead for the Insurance Analyzer area and recommend the new tools / process, advising Sr leadership on improvement opportunities and best-practice approaches to the processes in Insurance Analyzer to ensure NYL is leveraging the Insurance Analyzer / Accounting for Insurance as a tool to support various business processes in Insurance and Investments
- Lead the Solution / architectural discussions with the business and technical teams
- Provide guidance in SAP integration tools such as Data Load Layer, Data Services, AFI, G/L Connector and reporting capabilities of Insurance Analyzer
- Should be familiar with key insurance products (Insurance Analyzer, SAP FS-PER, etc) to keep up with the developments in SAP space for the insurance industry
- Own the project on the IA space around the process / design / delivery and documentation
- Own the BAU area for the IA on a day to day basis, covering the incidents / small enhancements from various areas affecting the IA / AFI, and its integration with various other tools in SAP / non-SAP landscape
- 25% Travel
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, computer science or a related field is preferred
SAP Insurance Analyzer & Related Technical Experience
- 7 Yrs of experience in Implementation of SAP, and minimum 3 yrs of experience in Finance / Insurance Industry along with at-least 1 full lifecycle implementation of Insurance Analyzer or Bank Analyzer or Accounting for Insurance as a lead
- Profound technical knowledge and project experience in Insurance Analyzer or Bank Analyzer or Accounting (AFI) and/or Risk Management processes
- Hands on experience of technical implementation of Accounting for Financial Instruments (AFI, Fair Value Server or Hedge Management), Credit Risk Analyzer, Credit Risk Portfolio Management or Limit Manager required
- Advance knowledge of ABAP Objects in Insurance Analyzer is preferred
- Experience with ECC GL and any finance Sub ledger experience relating to SAP insurance / banking products - FSCD or similar is a must
- Demonstrated expertise of Insurance Analyzer and SAP project methodologies, and Should be familiar with SDLC process on the project management side
Functional & Other Experience
- Understanding US-GAAP and US-STAT accounting processes and standards in banking and insurance industries is preferred
- Good understanding of Finance and Insurance business process is a must
- Professional presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional problem solver, with proven ability to utilize past experiences to effectively resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment; proven decision-making skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service; ethics and integrity in all actions is expected
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Should be a good team player, to collaborate with End user Support team / QA & other teams as part of the day to day job responsibilities in project as well on BAU
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.