Global Leader, Tax,Integration
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Practice Leader | Global Tax Integration Job Locations US-TX-Dallas | US-TX-Houston Posted Date 3 days ago(11/24/2020 2:23 PM)
Job ID 2020-7361
Category Specialty Tax Services
Spurred by our success, BKD is establishing a Global Tax Integration (GTI) practice and seeking an experienced individual to serve as Practice Leader for these efforts.
- Manage the delivery of a full-range global tax integration services practice
- Advise companies on tax implications of their operations to develop confident tax and financial tax reporting strategies, both domestically and internationally
- Is a technical leader and serves as a resource on sophisticated tax and ASC 740 topics and the ability to apply knowledge and skillset to complex tax compliance and ASC 740 engagements
- Develop and lead a team responsible for ensuring risk management and quality control in GTI compliance for current and future clients
- Manage GTI projects and consulting engagements with corporate entities across various industries
- Lead the BKD GTI practice in all areas through coordination of GTI staffing, assistance in providing career path opportunities, identification and development of GTI engagement opportunities, and help determine the strategic direction of the practice
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and execute, based on firm focus and future of the tax service line
- Demonstrate company values and alignment with the firm’s mission and long-term vision
Business Development and Strategy:
- Work closely with the firm’s partners, directors, managers, and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development for GTI
- Build BKD’s GTI practice through business development of tax planning, compliance, and ASC 740 services (GTI service) to public business entities
- Actively participate in direct marketing activities, thought leadership development, and professional organizations
- Create new GTI service offerings for the firm and leverage other GTI team members to lead these areas
- Work with various segments and niche practices of the firm (e.g. risk advisory services, transfer pricing, valuation, cost segregation, research tax credits, SALT, tax controversy, transaction advisory services, etc.) to bring a holistic approach to clients and prospects
- Lead business development and community activities to help identify and research opportunities for new and existing clients
- Cross-sell other BKD services as appropriate
- Develop and manage a book of business to meet goals/objectives
- Communicate confidently with senior client management and their auditors
- Build key client relationships
- Work with BKD leadership to define and execute a growth strategy and a business and succession plan for the GTI practice
- Participate in continuous learning activities and research to improve and develop technical expertise
- Develop internal training to educate firm personnel on pertinent domestic and global tax matters
- Represent the firm by authoring articles and presenting at seminars and webinars
- Grow the BKD GTI Services team by recruiting and retaining talent
- Assess technology needs for the GTI practice
- Provide mentorship to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Master’s degree in Accountancy or Taxation preferred
- CPA license required
- 15 years or more of progressive global tax integration experience, including ASC 740 experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a book of business and proven track record in building a profitable practice
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products, strong analytical knowledge in Excel. Experience with ONESOURCE Income Tax and ONESOURCE Tax Provision software solutions preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects within restricted timelines
- Public accounting and corporate tax department experience preferred
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: .
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Interested in BKD but not quite ready to apply? Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Submit your résumé and indicate your interests by joining our talent community! This is a great way to stay informed about openings that may be of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Click for more information regarding BKDs Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.
Software Powered by iCIMS