Job Opportunity Internal Controls Intern Overview
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander Consumer is looking for Summer 2020 Finance interns in the following groups: Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Development, Internal Controls, Capital Markets, and/or Treasury.
The Finance Intern will be a key member of the organization whose principal focus is to:
- Develop a strong understanding of the companys products and capabilities, operations and financial performance
- Assist in the development of the annual budget, the strategic plan and monthly forecasts
- Develop, produce and analyze financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management reviews.
- Ensure that management has a thorough understanding of business results through the communication of reporting and analysis.
- Drive business performance through the reporting and analysis of Key Performance Indicators
- Liaise with internal finance departments such as Corporate FP&A, Strategic Planning and Treasury to ensure organizational alignment.
- Develop and implement strategies to best utilize the financial information systems available to provide the most accurate, timely and reliable sources for financial reporting and analysis
- An undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Accounting or Finance with a graduation date of Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- Cumulative GPA is 3.25 or above
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAnalytics/Decision ScienceAnalytics/ReportingAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness Control OfficeBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsChrysler Capital SalesCollectionsCollege/InternshipsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceFraud ManagementHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegalLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsOperations StrategyOperations SupportOriginationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementQuality ControlRiskRisk ManagementSalesSantander Bank or NYB/SIS EmployeesSC SalesTWAUnderwriting
- Finance, Dallas, Texas, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Dallas, Texas, United States