Investment Banking Operations - Transaction Banking Client Services - Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OPERATIONS
Transaction Banking Operations is part of Transaction Banking within the Investment Banking Division. We are responsible for building, developing and supporting Goldman Sachs' Transaction Banking offering that is delivering a range of treasury and cash management products to our corporate client base. Transaction Banking Operations provide essential risk management and controls architecture to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. YOUR IMPACT
We are seeking to recruit an individual to manage our Client Services function in Dallas within our newly formed Transaction Banking Operations Team. The group provides support for the multiple product offerings that we have or are in the process of rolling out including Deposits, Escrow, Virtual Integrated Accounts, and Global Payments capabilities. The candidate will have prior experience managing Client Service and Client on-boarding teams supporting Transaction Banking Payment Services or FX Transaction Flows and a strong focus on delivering client service excellence coupled with risk management within a new, evolving team. OUR IMPACT
Transaction Banking Operations is focussed on building and delivering our brand new Transaction Banking businesses and supporting the suite of new Transaction Banking Services we are offering clients, whilst adapting to the rapidly changing payment landscape.
Our organisation is the first line of defence for control and governance to protect both clients' and the firm's financial assets; and to provide a differentiated, best- in-class client service. Transaction Banking Operations Services is a growing sub-division, with regional presence in Singapore, Bengaluru, London, New York and soon Dallas. All our offices work closely together as a single global team in support of our Transaction Banking business. As this business expands we will look to increase our global footprint from both a team size and location perspective.
We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around client service (client on-boarding, first line client support), cash management (including: payment controls, bank account management, virtual account management, cash concentration, payment formatting /settlement, reconciliation and claims), transaction support (FX Payment, Escrow, Money Market and Term Deposits), regulatory requirements, industry trends and change management. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Lead our local Dallas Client Services Team as part of the Global Transaction Banking Operations team, delivering client service excellence as we build, launch, deliver and evolve a suite of new Transaction Banking products for our Corporate Clients.
- Be client service, control and solution orientated as we roll out a significant program of new and enhanced functionality in support of our offering.
- Support our new Client Servicing functions globally and help establish, develop, monitor and manage the client service architecture that allows us to deliver this growing suite of Transaction Banking Services.
- Understand and support the FX Payment Flows and liquidity sourcing that are a key component in delivering our Global Payment offering to our clients. Develop and implement best practice to enable efficient movement of International Payments and the flows, payment schemes and the processes surrounding them.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Work with internal teams, strategic partners and clients to manage a range of queries related to payments, accounts, account management, client on-boarding, client issue resolution, payment repairs, firm/customer funding flows and FX unwinds.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of professional and relevant experience
- Experience managing, growing and developing Client Service teams in Transaction Banking, Payment Processing or FX Middle Office
- Strong Interpersonal skills and Leadership skills
- Proficient in direction and oversight of functions with a focus on client support and risk management
- Good understanding of either the FX business including FX Payments or of International Payment Servicing or Transaction Banking Account Management
- Experience in delivering client service excellence
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Leadership and Coaching skills
- Ability to effectively manage Global Stakeholders
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity