Legal Division, REFG Closer
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 17 Oct 18
Legal Division, REFG Closer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS The Goldman Sachs Legal Department has an opening in its Commercial Real Estate Loan Closing Department in Dallas, Texas for a Closer with at least 10 years of general experience in closing investment real estate and commercial mortgage loan transactions. The candidate should be energetic, extremely well organized and able to handle multiple transactions at the same time. The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, be proficient in Word and Excel and enjoy working in a team environment. Management experience is important for upward mobility within the Closing Department and other departments within Goldman. Daily work hours must be flexible since we cover both East and West Coasts during their peak hours. Duties will include the following:
- Assist deal team and outside counsel in taking a transaction from the Money Up stage through Securitization
- Participate in Kick Off call to introduce the team, obtain basic information about the deal and begin the process
- Provide and monitor GS Website user access
- Schedule calls and numbers for weekly calls
- Perform required initial searches such as OFAC, World, etc
- Gather, log in and distribute due diligence items to the appropriate parties/sites & folders and update checklists
- Review borrower ownership chart to determine borrower related due diligence items required for searches and Know Your Customer process
- Engage third party insurance consultant, provide necessary documentation & monitor process through final review
- Engage internal KYC process
- Order & monitor credit searches
- Order and monitor real estate tax analysis
- Participate in weekly status calls to ensure transaction is moving forward
- Prepare rate lock documentation and coordinate rate lock with the GS Desk and borrower
- Prepare Lenders closing statement and work with title company on loan closing/funding
- Deliver all necessary loan docs to proper departments for funding
- Update lists and systems once loan has funded and notify the necessary departments
- Furnish necessary documentation to securitization department and servicing.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.