Legal, Transaction Banking Negotiator, Associate/Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Transaction Banking (TxB) Legal group provides legal support to Goldman Sachs Bank USA and other firm affiliates, in particular we advise the firm in its: (i) commercial Transaction Banking (cash management) operations, products and services, including institutional deposit taking and payments, and (ii) expansion of its digital Transaction Banking platform, products and services, and (iii) implementation of business initiatives, policies and procedures. ROLE OVERVIEW
Goldman Sachs is seeking a negotiator to join the firm's fast-growing TxB Legal team as a contracts expediter/negotiator with financial services technology expertise and experience. The right person will be working closely with key stakeholders to support a new way of approaching cash management and client service. This role will be responsible for supporting client service and product development teams in the U.S. and coordinating with colleagues across the globe.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Review and negotiate client contracts with supervision of senior Legal team members, as well as update and maintain a contract negotiation playbooks relating to the TxB business;
- Manage external counsel;
- Provide support for client service/operations, business governance, new product development and implementation, and customer communications;
- Liaise and coordinate with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including compliance, controllers, risk, product management, sales, operations, tax and business/organizational leadership; and
- Have responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with multiple internal stakeholders.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- The ideal candidate will have some experience and expertise with online banking platforms, accounts and services, payments and other cash management products;
- Prefer experience negotiating contracts within banking, finance or cash management in a US law firm or financial institution's legal department;
- Strong analytical and organizational (including project management) skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the proven desire to work on a high-performing team;
- Strong team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment;
- Highly motivated and adaptable with the ability to work in a diverse organization;
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity