Management Analytics Manager
Data Transformation & Management Advanced Analytics Manager Grant Thornton 3/13/2020 8:09:11 AM JOB ID: 046690 Specialty: Dallas, Texas
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Digital Transformation & Management, Advanced Analytics Manager
As an Advanced Analytics Manager, you will help clients effectively use data to make better decisions. You will apply your knowledge of various statistical and machine-learning techniques to support a wide variety of challenging projects. Additionally, you will lead your team to design custom client builds and automating solutions to the complicated problems clients face every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Generate and manipulate data frames for multiple, complex data sources on a large scale
· Utilize big data and machine learning to build predictive, prescriptive, and cognitive models across a wide variety of client engagements
· Assist in the development and mentorship of a team of data scientists across the firm to move the analytics capabilities forward
· Work hand-in-hand with client IT resources to define and ensure data quality to enable data science solutions
· Collaborate with the Advisory service line and industry leaders to develop new use cases and expand the business in new direction
· Diagnose model shortcomings and prescribe viable adjustments
· Select and lead sample imputation to triage incomplete data sets
· Perform thorough evaluation of models through controlled A/B testing techniques
· Determine the appropriate model performance metric based on the data science technique and business KPI
· Directly support various aspects of the business with data analytics, and proactively surface new high value insights from the same data sets
· Work closely with our team to design, build, test, and deploy a wide variety of production-ready analytic models to support client and industry solutions
· Identify new data sources and preparation methods that can boost accuracy in predictive models
· Satisfy compliance standards by guaranteeing model interpretability and maintaining documentation
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a background in machine learning, statistics, bioinformatics, signal processing or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· 6-10 years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst.
· Demonstrated ability to translate between the languages of business and data: articulate problems, scenarios, considerations, etc between stakeholders in both groups
· Detailed knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of different data science techniques, and ability to select the correct one to match a client’s scenario
· Proven ability to prioritize and drive solution-centric efforts across a geographically distributed team of business and technology professionals
· Results driven with demonstrated sound judgment and pragmatism
· Strong business acumen and ability to determine the impact of data at a very high level
· Hands-on experience with common enterprise data sets: transactional, account, unstructured & semi-structured, time-series, machine log, etc
· Strong intuition; ability to advocate for, and ability to dig deep into data
· Ability to move data around, from a database or an API, through a transformation or to a model and into human-readable form (ROC curve, Excel chart, map, d3 visualization, Tableau, etc.)
· Visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Qlik
· SQL Server or advanced database or advanced analytics experience
· Experience with common cloud data storage solutions
· Experience with Python, Java, R, Storm, Julia, SQL, Matlab, Mahout or a Perl one-liner. A working knowledge of the Microsoft Azure and Cortana Intelligence stack
· Ability to take action, experiment and turn losses into wins by moving forward
· Big, undefined problems and petabytes challenge you.
· Ability to travel on
short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
· Travel percentage: 80%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Requisition ID: 046690
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright Grant Thornton. All rights reserved.