Management Consultant, Non-Profit
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Managing Consultant | Nonprofit Job Locations US-TX-Dallas Posted Date 4 days ago(4/10/2020 3:10 PM)
Job ID 2020-6693
Category Other Consulting Services
- Work on a variety of financial, accounting and compliance projects with a primary focus on clients in the nonprofit industry
- Assist with accounting outsource services including:
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Monthly and year-end closing
- Account and bank reconciliations
- Audit preparation services
- Various projects as experienced is gained
- Participate in projects evaluating Federal and State grant compliance and other compliance with regulatory requirements
- Analyze internal controls and financial/operational results using accounting information and interviews with management
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures
- Lead engagement relationships with appropriate levels of client interaction
- Perform industry and technical research for the development of new client solutions
- Utilize technology and best practices to improve internal processes for projects
- Assist with new business development, growing our client relationships, qualifying leads and scoping opportunities.
- Assist in training, developing and coaching professional staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or consulting experience required
- Accounting and/or consulting experience within the nonprofit industry preferred
- CPA Certification or eligibility to sit for CPA exam preferred
- Minimum 1 year of public accounting experience required
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple client projects, including monitoring time budgets and consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Ability to professionally write and communicate deliverables including but not limited to client meetings, internal meetings and projects
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Financial Edge, Intacct, bill.com, expensify, stripe, PayPal preferred
- Strong computer skills and comfort with various computer applications, including Windows, Adobe, Internet applications and others
- Ability to learn new software related to the accounting functions of an organization
- Ability to complete occasional travel
- Ability to be highly detail oriented as well as demonstrate strong analytical skills
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: .
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Interested in BKD but not quite ready to apply? Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Submit your résumé and indicate your interests by joining our talent community! This is a great way to stay informed about openings that may be of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Click for more information regarding BKDs Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.
Software Powered by iCIMS